To Inquire About Our Low-Cost Spay/Neuter Clinic Please Call 524-9650 ext. 10
Spaying/neutering are safe, inexpensive and permanent procedures that not only prevent accidental breeding but also reduce potential behavioral and health problems. A female cat does not have to go through the heat cycle before being spayed. In fact, multiple heat cycles increase her chances of developing mammary cancer. In males, neutering reduces the risk of testicular cancer and enlargement of the prostate and related functions.
Early-age spay/neuters will reduce the killing of unwanted pets by preventing unwanted litters and by making shelter policies of "spay/neuter before adoption" more effective.
There really is little scientific information to back up the current standard age of six to eight months for spaying/neutering. This figure seems to have been chosen quite arbitrarily and followed down through the years without question. Today, we recognize the safety and many benefits of early-age spay/neuter.
Click here for an application: PRE-PAYMENT REQUIRED (Please CALL US to confirm we have received it and to set your appointment)
Reasons to opt for early-age spaying/neutering:
· Helps to control pet overpopulation, less homeless offspring
· Decreases the rate of animals returned to shelter
· Decreases killed animals
· Improves animal's adoptability
· Improved health care of pets
· Surgery less stressful/quick recovery for younger animals
· Early spay/neuter can be done in conjunction with other surgeries
· Spayed and neutered pets are less aggressive, less likely to roam, less likely to fight and therefore less likely to contract contagious diseases
Remember, it is never too late to spay or neuter your pet! Even older animals benefit from these procedures.
Nearly 64% of the animals who enter U.S. shelters are killed. Please be responsible and spay or neuter your pet.